Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Magic Blog: Dante’s Speak

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/dantes_speak.html

11) ORLANDO MAGIC- I think it's pretty obvious that the Magic will be looking to take a shooting guard here at eleven, just which one is the question. If I'm the General Manager I'm taking J.J. Redick here at this spot and I would be telling everyone this for the last two months. However, I'm not the GM and for good reason. How can you not like a guy that went to school for four years, at a winning program, had a giant bullseye on his chest all seaso and still came out the leading scorer in ACC History? He impressed me the most out of anyone at the pre-draft camp here in Orlando, not with his play....because no one in the first round plays at these things, but just the way he carried himself and conducted his interviews. A guy that's poised, knows the game and is easily the best shooter in this draft would be a perfect fit here for the Magic to extend the defense away from Dwight in the post. I am HOPING we hear Redick's name at 11, however my gut tells me it will be Ronnie Brewer. Brewer was also a great kid, sharp, hard-worker and one of the best perimeter defenders in the draft. I just get nervous any time I hear that someone has a "funky shot". I understand that it goes in more times than not, but Jeryl Sasser had a funky shot and we all know how that turned out. From a defensive standpoint though, Brewer would be a great pick and the Magic have enough other guys that can score so he wouldn't hurt you from that standpoint.

No comments: